7 Days Wildlife & Primate Safari Rwanda Tours
The 7 Days Wildlife & Primates Tour takes you to Nyungwe Forest National park Rwanda where you will track the rare species of Chimpanzees, Volcanoes National park where you will enjoy Gorilla Trekking Adventures. Book this trip to enjoy amazing primate Safaris in Rwanda.
Day 1: Kigali - Akagera National Park
After your breakfast your hotel of residence, meet our guide and drive to eastern Rwanda and Akagera National Park. You will reach the park and take on a Game Drive around the beautiful Akagera National park as well as an afternoon Boat cruise along Lake Ihema. You will spot various wildlife animals as well as numerous bird species flying from one place to another. You will then later transfer to your lodge/ hotel for relaxation, Dinner and Overnight. Akagera Lodge/Ruzizi Tented Camp,or Dereva hotel Meal plan: Half-Board
Day 2: Transfer-Nyungwe Forest National Park
After breakfast, embark our safari truck with en-route game drive and proceed to southern Rwanda and Nyungwe Forest National Park. Lunch en-route and visit to Butare museum. Dinner and overnight Nyungwe Hill Top Lodge or Gisakura Guest House. Meal plan: Full-Board
Day 3: Chimpanzee Tracking-Nyungwe Forest National Park
Early morning breakfast, and after go for briefing from the park officials and after start trekking for the chimpanzees, this can take anything from a few hours to a full day depending on where the chimpanzees are. After traacking the Chimpanzees, you will transfer to experience a guided evening nature walk which will reward you with beautiful sightings of other primates in Nyungwe Forest i.e the Ruwenzori Columbus, L’Hoest’s monkey, The Silver monkey, Owl faced monkey and the Grey cheeked Mangabey among others. After the trek return to base- Dinner and overnight Nyungwe Hill Top lodge or Gisakura Guest House. Meal plan: Full-Board.
Day 4: Transfer - Volcanoes National Park
After breakfast, take a whole day drive to northern Rwanda and to the foothills of the volcanoes that make up “Volcanoes National Park ". Lunch en-route, Dinner and overnight at Laplame Hotel/Muhabura/Kinigi Guest House. Meal plan: Half-Board
Day 5:Gorilla tracking in Volcanoes National Park
Have early morning breakfast, and after transfer to the Park Headquarters of Parc National des Volcano. Meet your ranger guides for briefing on how to behave while in the forest searching for the Gorillas and also will let you know more about their behaviors’ and ways of life before you set off. After the briefing you will enter into the forest and search for these endangered rare mountain Gorilla species.
This is a once a life adventure and an opportunity one should never miss in life. The activity will take half or full day, therefore you are advised to go with your packed lunch and bottled mineral water, walkable shoes, hut, sun screen, insect repellent, Cameras, rain gears among others you think are vital while in tropical rain forest. After your hour spent with the mountain gorillas, return to lodge for relaxation, dinner and overnight. Meal plan: Full-Board
Day 6: Dian Fossey - Bisoke Volcano trek
After breakfast, trek to the grave of the legendary Dian Fossey and experience her effort regarding the conservation of gorillas in their mist. Return to lodge for lunch and spend the evening trekking the Bisoke mountain volcanoes. Return to lodge for dinner and overnight. Meal plan Full-Board
Day 7: Volcanoes-Kigali
After breakfast, visit to the genocide memorial with lunch en-route and transfer to Kigali airport to board your flight back home. Meal plan: Half-Board.
Facts About Mountain Gorillas
- Around 1,063 exist in the wild
- They live in two isolated groups
- We share around 98% of our DNA with gorillas
- They're one of the biggest, most powerful living primates
- They can eat all day long.
- They have 16 different types of call
- They live in family groups.
Our Travelogue Gallery
- Transport in a 4wd land cruiser or safari vehicle with pop-up roof for excellent safari view viewing (or upgrade, see)
- All fuel for the tour.
- English speaking Rwanda driver/guide.
- Accommodation in double/twin rooms (shared).
- Meals as indicated.
- All activities described in the itinerary.
- 1 Gorilla permit per person (àt USD 1500)
- 1 Nyungwe Entry permit per person (àt USD 100)
- International air fares.
- Entry visa Rwanda.
- Personal (medical/travel) insurance.
- All drinks
- All expenses of a personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, souvenirs etc.).
- Meals and snacks which are not inclusive in the accommodation.
- A porter for during the gorilla trackings (someone who carries your daypack).
- All activities that are not mentioned in the program or activities that are mentioned in the program as optional activity. Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff, etc.