7 Days Chimpanzee & Wildlife Safari Tour-Primate Tracking Adventures Uganda
The 7 Days Gorilla & Wildlife Safari offers you the opportunity to Adventure both the rare species of Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi Forest National park as well as watch numerous Wildlife Animals that inhabit the Savannah vegetation of Queen Elizabeth National park Uganda. You will also go Chimpanzee Tracking in Kyambura Gorge and watch Willdife animals in Lake Mburo National Park.
Day 1: Drive to Queen Elizabeth
After breakfast drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park south western Uganda. You will stop in at the equator for photographs, and then the in one of the towns for lunch to reach the Park in the afternoon. You may go for a nature walk in the evening. Dinner and overnight at Mweya Safari lodge / Institute of ecology.
Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking-Boat ride
Early morning you will transfer to the Kyambura gorge to track Chimpanzees. The walk through the gorge will reward you with other primates like the colobus monkeys, grey cheeked Mangabeys and others. In the afternoon you will drive back to the lodge for lunch and then go for a launch cruise on the Kazinga channel. Expect animals like hippos, buffaloes, elephants and birds at the shores. Dinner and overnight at Mweya Safari Lodge / Institute of ecology.
Day 3: Game drive-Transfer to Bwindi
Take tea/ a glass of Juice to go for an early morning game drive to meet predators as they return to their hide outs. Expect animals like Lions, Elephants, leopards, Jackals, warthogs, bushpigs antelopes and many more. Return to the lodge for late breakfast and then through the Ishasha sector transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable forest. Dinner and overnight at Gorilla Resort / Buhoma Community Bandas.
Day 4: Gorilla tracking
Following breakfast you will transfer to the park headquarters for the briefing before you set off at 9:00 am through the tracks to search for the humble giants. You will go with packed lunch because it’s hard to determine how long it will take you to meet these great apes. However the time ranges between 2-9 hours depending on the movement of the giant primates. The activity is tiresome, it involves walking along steep hilly tracks however encountering these great relatives of man erases all the poor memories/ hardships you went through in trying to find them. They are awe-inspiring! Dinner and overnight at Gorilla forest Camp / Buhoma community Bandas.
Day 5: Drive to Lake Mburo-afternoon Canoe ride
This morning after the exhilarating moments of the previous day, you will drive to Lake Mburo National park. A park known for its antelopes and birds too. You will reach in the afternoon to go for a canoe ride on the Lake to search for game at the shores of the Lake. Dinner and overnight at Mantana tented Camp / Rwonyo Camp
Day 6: Transfer-Kampala
In the morning you will go for a nature walk in the park to view more game like buffaloes, zebras, elephants and others. Later in the afternoon you will drive back to Kampala. Dinner and overnight at Sheraton Hotel / Hotel Africana.
Day 7: City Tour-Airport
In the morning have breakfast to go for a city tour and this is dependent on the time of departure. After the city tour you will go back to our lodge to pack your luggage and head off to the airport to catch your flight back Home.
Facts About Mountain Gorillas
- Around 1,063 exist in the wild
- They live in two isolated groups
- We share around 98% of our DNA with gorillas
- They're one of the biggest, most powerful living primates
- They can eat all day long.
- They have 16 different types of call
- They live in family groups.
Our Travelogue Gallery
- Transport in a 4wd land cruiser or safari vehicle with pop-up roof for excellent safari view viewing (or upgrade, see)
- All fuel for the tour.
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide.
- Accommodation in double/twin rooms (shared).
- Meals as indicated.
- Entrance fee to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
- All activities described in the itinerary.
- 1 Gorilla permit per person (àt USD 700)
- International air fares.
- Entry visa Uganda.
- Personal (medical/travel) insurance.
- All drinks
- All expenses of a personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, souvenirs etc.).
- Meals and snacks which are not inclusive in the accommodation.
- A porter for during the gorilla trackings (someone who carries your daypack).
- All activities that are not mentioned in the program or activities that are mentioned in the program as optional activity. Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff, etc.